In our work for the cause of disabled persons, destitute old women, and community development, we have gathered on record a considerable number of achievements. Though meagre funds have been forthcoming from the Government and other agencies, we have made steady progress.
Some performance figures covering the past decade and a half are given here.
LIST OF DIVYANGJANS (Intellectual Disabled Children)
List of Oldage Women :
Achievements of our Institution :
- DIVYANGJANS Children assisted: 215 Girls, 390 Boys
- H.I. Children assisted: 23 Girls, 35 Boys
- 192 girls and boys rehabilitated
- 15 children sponsored for advanced medical services and surgeries
- 41 children in higher studies and technical education
- 171 children trained in different crafts and vocations
- Number of SHGs of Disabled persons formed – 75
- Number of pensions – 175
- House sites – 45
- Bus / rail passes – 325
DISTRIBUTION OF AIDS & APPLIANCES
- Wheelchairs – 136
- Hearing aids – 1529
- TricycleS – 1437
- Crutches – 693
CONSTRUCTION OF NEW CAMPUS BUILDINGS
|Through generous contributions we have completed and commissioned two separate blocks of the original development plan for Velugu Society. The main building houses the school for M.R and H.I children, Medical & Physiotherapy centre, Academic & Vocational Training centre. The circular building houses the Old Age Home for Women as well as administrative offices. For lack of funds certain sections of the plan are on hold: Library, separate hostel for boys and girls, staff accommodation.
ESTABLISHING A CORPUS FUND FOR SMOOTH FUNCTIONING